May 20, 2011

What a day!

So it’s been a crazy few days...well I should say week! My friend Kortney Moll is renewing her vows this coming weekend...but there are doing it big because they just got married fast a year ago Saturday because they found out they were pregnant. So I have been helping Pam and Kortney out a lot with just trying to get the little things done....but it’s been a lot of work! O well that is what friends are for!

My daughter hardly ever gets sick, but it seems that when she does she gets it bad and at the worst time! Tuesday night I was up most of the night with her. She was crying so hard and she didn't want anything. Finally she fell asleep which meant I got to go to sleep. She woke up Wednesday with 101 fever so I called Grandpa Robbie to see if he could watch her till he went to work, he said yes! When I brought her over there she was happy as could be and was so excited to see Grandpa (they have such a special bond, it’s so cute)! I decided to call the doc to get an appt because I was thinking it was an ear infection. I got one for 1:30 that afternoon. I went to go pick her up and she was tried but still normally just Loreli eating and playing with the kitty. We got to the doctors and he took a look at her and she said that she has crup(sp). He said that we need to give her a steroid shot and that the next few days would be rough. So got the shot which she did not like one bit. We spent the rest of the day at home and she was pretty good...napped more then she normally does but she wasn't feeling good so I totally understood. After Daddy got home I had to go and get my dress from Nancy Harms because she was altering it. Kortney and Pam were there and Kortney was trying on her dress. Nancy asked that I stay so that I knew how to do the bustle. Well it took a little bit but we got it...at least 2 of us know so we will get it one way or another! Well I got home around 9 and Loreli was sitting in Daddy's lap. I was surprised to see her up, he said that she was sleeping but woke up. She slept all night so when I went to go get her Thursday morning I was thinking she was good to go....wrong! She still had a fever, so I called Grandpa Robbie again to see if he could watch her so I could go to work for a few hours. He said yes....so when I brought her over there she was happy as could be again to see grandpa and the kitty! I went to go pick her up around noon and again and she was worse! I checked her temp and it said 102.6. I was like holy cow...she has never had a temp this high before. So went home to chill out....I could tell she was kinda out of it, but who wouldn't be. She took about an hour nap and her fever was 103.2 when she woke up. I called GG and Grandpa Tina...they said luke warm bath...so that is what I did and Loreli did not like it one bit! I let her sit for about 5 minutes are so. I got her out and her temp was down to 101.5 and I was feeling better! She fell asleep again for about 2 hours so I was really thinking she was gonna kick the fever. I was wrong again.....it was 103 when she woke up. It was time for me to go to rehearsal dinner, so Daddy put her back in the tub to try and help. I left to go to the church. After we are done and getting ready to leave to go eat, Eli calls me and said get home we are taking her to the ER. I ran out of church so fast and hopped in my Tahoe and flew home! When I got home Eli said that she was like a zombie....she wouldn't respond to anything, she wouldn't move and she wouldn't talk. Nothing like what my daughter is....because she is on the move at all times and telling you a story! I picked her up and she just put her head on my should and that is not normal either....she wants nothing to do with cuddling at all! So we headed over to the ER and told them what is going on. They put us in a room, told them all of her allergies and info. All of a sudden we heard Grandpa Robbie's voice. You would have thought that Loreli hadn't seen him in days...it’s so cute! I think Grandpa held her the whole time while we were there. A doc came into see her and sure enough it was an ear infection! UGH!!!!!! He said that she may have not had an ear infection yesterday. The ER doc didn't say much on the crup. We think that they think that Loreli's doc was wrong...just by the way there were acting! We left got home and Loreli went to bed. About 1 or so she woke up crying and I got up to give her some milk...and I didn't take her temp but she felt back to normal.....she is still sleeping now so I guess we will see when she wakes up! I am supposed to be in Waterloo at 10 with the wedding party to get our nails and toes done...but I don't think that I can send her to the sitter so I will just have to paint my own...not the same but that’s what us mothers do!.....I can hear her waking up now...wish us luck!!!!

2 comments:

Cassie said...

man oh man girl!
first off how cute is grandpa robbie! love that. stella LOVES my dad soooo much too!!
i'm glad to hear she is on the up and up.
poor thing.
i would have been the same way, freaked out!!
what doctor do you go to?!? i would have been on the phone with them chewing them out about what they 'said" she had. doctor's drive me nuts!!

hope today is a turning point for you and you get some sleep!! thank goodness for makeup to hid your tired eyes!!

Jackie said...

I know...so cute! Yes today has been much better...but she still has alittle bit of a fever but nothing like last night. We go to doctor Cangas....I don't like him at all and I just need to switch. We don't go much so that is why I just stay but I am about at my point! They drive me nuts too! Yes Thank goodness for makeup!!!